Thursday, June 14, 2012

Judging

I saw a disturbing status today from a family member. She was ripping into the neighbors for letting their children scream and run around on the sidewalk and was saying she was a better mother because she doesn't let her son act like a fool. So this was my response. I cannot stand judgmental people. NOBODY has a clue what is going on in another person's life. NOBODY has a clue if their child or that person has gone through something very traumatic in their lives and that is the reason they act that way; feel that way; etc. You don't even know if your own spouse is hurting sometimes. Nobody understands that the smelly kid has been taking care of his alcoholic mother who has had the power shut off for a week and he hasn't had running water to clean himself. Nobody knows that the child is acting out and the mother is doing nothing because she is spent with her 4 children and has horrible depression. Nobody knows that a perfectly normal looking child actually has no clue what is going on because he has brain damage from being abused as a child. Everyone may look normal on the outside, but everyone hurts. Everyone has their own individual pain. You don't know my pain; I don't pretend to know your pain. You are not perfect. Stop thinking you are. I could judge you on how rough you are on your very well behaved child just for running around and being free. I could judge you on how rude you are to everyone that tries to be your friend. I could, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Because you probably hurting more than I am; and I don't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment